Louis Morissette (1807-1881)
Descendents of Louis Morissette (1807-1881) placed a commemorative plate on a roc at the start of the XXnd century to honour three pioneers of the seventh country road of Tremblay county in the Saguenay.
Louis Morissette, his wife Marie-Louise Clément dit Labonté and their three children arrived in Chicoutimi in the year 1846. The family settled on lot 40, on county road seven, in the county of Tremblay, around 1848/1849. Louis (1834-1929), the oldest of the three children, settled on a lot adjacent to the family land with his wife Élisabeth Rhainds. Marie-Louise (1838-1908) maried Herménégilde Turcotte, a farmer from Saint-Fulgence. François (1842-1933) inherited the family land. Louis died in 1881 and Marie-Louise Clément dit Labonté died in 1894 at the venerable age of 104.
It should be noted that Louis Morissette and Marie-Louise Clémetn dit Labonté had the same ancestors, Jean Moricet and Jeanne Choret by their children Nicolas and Marie-Jeanne. Louis is a descendant of Nicolas and Anne Cloutier while Marie-Louise is from the Marie-Jeanne and Léonard Clément-Labonté lineage.
Hyacinthe-Charles Lehoux and Françoise Morisset (1720-1765)
A rose marble plate, affixed on the outside wall of the Vachon of Ste-Marie-de-Beauce factory, reminds us that Hyacinthe-Charles Lehoux and Françoise Morisset (1720-1765), daughter of Gencien Morisset and Geneviève Simon, established themselves on that land after their marriage of November 27, 1741 and that they are among the pioneers who founded Ste-Marie-de-Beauce, QC.
Morisset family of St-Michel-de-Bellechasse
This plate is located at 46 route 132, in St-Michel-de-Bellechasse (Quebec), near the Beaumont-St-Michel theatre, on the other side of the road.
Here is the detailed list of owners of this land:
1) GEORGES MORISSET + SARA ROY, married on July 8th 1834 at ST-MICHEL (BELLECHASSE), QC.
….2) JEAN-BAPTISTE MORISSET + EUPHÉMIE FORGUES, married on October 23rd 1866 at ST-MICHEL (BELLECHASSE), QC.
………3) EDMOND MORISSET + DENISE ROY, married on November 14th 1899 at ST-MICHEL (BELLECHASSE), QC.
………3) JULES MORISSET + MARIE-LOUISE ROY, married October 15th 1901 at ST-MICHEL (BELLECHASSE), QC.
…………..4) ROBERT MORISSET + ROLANDE GAGNON, married on September 7th 1939 at ST-CHARLES (BELLECHASSE), QC.
………………5) ODORIC MORISSET + PAULETTE SANTERRE, married on July 28th 1973 at ST-MICHEL (BELLECHASSE), QC.
…………..4) EUSÈBE MORISSET (O.M.I.)
Pierre Morisset and Catherine Létourneau
A bronze plate affixed on the west outside wall of the church of Sainte-Croix-de-Lotbinière, QC, reminds us that Pierre Morisset (1676-1731), son of ancestors Jean Morisset and Jeanne Choret, and Catherine Létourneau (1679-1761) established themselves at Pointe-aux-Bouleaux of the Bonsecours seigniory in 1698 where their 12 children were born between 1699 and 1720.
At that time, between 1701 and 1714, the Bonsecours seigniory was the property of Robert Choret, the maternal uncle of Pierre Morisset. The north section of this seigniory is now the east part of the Sainte-Croix-de-Lotbinière Municipality.
According to a study of Léo-Guy de Repentigny completed on March 9th 2006, Pierre Morisset and Catherine Létourneau established themselves on lot 15, 16 and 17 of the actual cadastre of the municipality of Sainte-Croix-de-Lotbinière.
Wellie Morrissette and Hilda Blais
During the 2008 gathering in Rouyn-Noranda, the children of Wellie Morrissette and Hilda Blais announced their intention of installing a family monument on their parent’s lands located in the county road IV and V of Ste-Claire de Colombourg during a family event in June 2008.
On this occasion, the Board of directors of the Association allowed this beautiful and large family to place our coat-of-arms and financed this part of the monument.